Gauge Bezel Installation Instructions
PLEASE NOTE: WE SUGGEST THIS BE INSTALLED BY A PROFESSIONAL; HOWEVER, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL IT YOURSELF, HERE ARE SOME BASIC INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW IT IS DONE. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL CARS ARE DIFFERENT SO YOU MAY RUN INTO A SITUATION THAT IS NOT ADDRESSED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
- Carefully remove the gauge cluster from your car. We do not have specific instructions for each car, however you can generally find a video that shows how to remove your cluster from your vehicle by doing a simple internet search.
- Once the cluster is removed from the vehicle you will need to remove the clear lens from the gauge cluster.
- If your gauge cluster is fitted with a stock black bezel trim that separates the gauge faces from each other, place your gauge bezel directly on top of the stock factory black bezel with the enclosed tape.
- In most cases the clear plastic window is not glued to the black bezel trim (or your cluster does not have a black bezel trim, there is only the gauges and the clear lens). If this is the case, simply place the gauge bezel on top of the black bezel trim (or directly on the gauges) and secure it with the tape provided with your bezel. Replace the clear plastic lens and carefully reinstall the instrument cluster back into your car.
- If your clear plastic lens is glued to the black bezel, you will need to use a Dremel type tool with a cutting disc to carefully separate the window from the black bezel piece. Place the gauge bezel on top of the black bezel and secure it with the tape. Once the bezel is installed you will use an automotive grade clear adhesive to glue the clear plastic back onto the black bezel. We suggest one that is called “Ultra Bond Super Glue”. Once the clear plastic is glued in place, carefully reinstall the instrument cluster back into your car. Caution: Wear safety glasses when using the Dremel tool.
- If your gauge cluster does NOT have a black bezel trim that separates the gauge faces, simply place your gauge bezel directly on top of the stock factory gauge faces.
- On some care models, the window and bezel come off the cluster together as one assembly. In this case, carefully install the gauge bezel directly on top of the stock gauges.
- If the black bezel on your car model is still on the cluster after the clear window is removed, be sure to remove it before installing the gauge bezel.