Polished Stainless Pillar Post Trim Installation Instructions
STOP! – READ THIS FIRST!
Due to an excessive amount of false claims regarding damaged/defective product we have implemented a new policy.
ANY claim for the following items must be made BEFORE installing ANY of the pieces:
- IMPROPER FITMENT OF ITEM (IE: TOO LONG/SHORT, NOT WIDE ENOUGH)
- RIPPLES, DENTS OR SCRATCHES IN THE PRODUCT
- MISSING PIECES
- ANY OTHER QUALITY ISSUE
If you have a problem with your item for any of the above reasons you MUST contact us BEFORE installing ANY of the pieces. If you make a claim you will be required to send us a picture of ALL of the pieces (front and back side) so we can see that they have not yet been installed on the vehicle. Once you have started the installation process you have accepted the item AS IS and NO replacements, exchanges or refunds will be offered. If you do happen to damage a piece during the installation please contact us as we are happy to offer you additional pieces at a discounted rate if necessary. By accepting the items and beginning the installation process you are agreeing to these terms. If you have further questions we can be contacted at 1-866-495-0950 or email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: WE SUGGEST THIS BE INSTALLED BY A PROFESSIONAL. However, if you would like to install the item yourself here are some basic instructions as to how it is done. Please remember that all cars are different and you may run into a situatoin that is not address in these instructions.
Your item has been backed with Double Stick Tape. For the application to be successful and last long term it is important to have a clean and dry surface prior to installation, to provide adequate pressure and to install in the proper temperature range.
The ideal temperature for installation is between 70°F and 100°F. Do not under any circumstances install the product in less than 60°F as the tape will become too rigid and will NOT properly bond to your vehicle. Please follow the directions below in the exact order and with the proper materials to ensure a lasting bond.
- Clean the area on your vehicle where the item is to be installed with a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) and water. CLEAN THE APPLICATION AREA THOROUGHLY to ensure there is NO DIRT OR RESIDUE LEFT BEHIND as this will cause the tape to fail. You may need to clean the area multiple times to completely remove residue and dirt.
- Dry fit the pieces to ensure proper placement before installation and label each piece as to where it is placed for reference when you are installing.
- Peel the backing off of the tape and carefully align the item to the vehicle. Be sure that the placement is exact before pressing down on the item as you cannot remove the item and re-stick it without damaging the product. Once the item is placed, press down on the item using firm pressure for at least 60 seconds.
- Peel off the white protective coating to expose the polished finish of the product. If there is any white/sticky residue around the edges it can easily be removed using WD-40 and a soft cloth. To remove fingerprints and residue use a soft cloth and Windex.